Lab Exercises: Web Form Submission and MySQL Connection
Objective: Be familiar with web form submission and processing. Be able to
connect to MySQL database using PHP programs.
- Web Form Submission: (1) Copy the sample web page files: sample_form.html and process.php to
your web directory from /shared/csc4341.
(2) Open sample_form.html from your home page: http://cscdevprod01.txwes.edu/~yourusername/csc4341/sample_form.html.
Test web form submission. Study source code of both files to understand how web form data is submitted
to the web server and captured in the processing page. (3) Add a new textbox in the web form and corresponding
code in process.php. (4) Test the newly added textbox and code.
Put all together:
cp /shared/csc4341/sample_form.html ~/public_html/csc4341
cp /shared/csc4341/process.php ~/public_html/csc4341
- MySQL Database Connection
(1) cp /shared/csc4341/pdo.php ~/public_html/csc4341
(2) Change database connection info to your database and modify the query in pdo.php.
(3) Open pdo.php from your home page:
http://cscdevprod01.txwes.edu/~yourusername/csc4341/pdo.php. Make sure your database table data
are displayed on the web page correctly.
- Develop an online MySQL query form that accepts database queries from the user and display
the results returned from database. A sample form is given below