Lab Exercise: Design a User Login Page Using LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
Objective: Be familiar with user authentication with LDAP
- Create a subfolder named as lab6 in your web folder (~/public_html/csc4341). After that, copy the sample files from the shared folder located at the CSC server:
cp /shared/csc4341/lab6/* ~/public_html/csc4341/lab6
- The starting page in your lab6 folder would be login.html.
- To authenticate a user, your application sends username and password the ldap server using secure communication.
If the user login is verified, the ldap sends a confirmation back to the application.
- Once a user is authenticated, the log page creates a PHP session and redirects to member protected pages.
- Study the sample programs to understand authentication process. Feel free to modify the styles and heading of the web table.
- Post your work on your web site.